Tuesday, January 06, 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion



This was a bargain purchase from an event I went to at The Body Shop last year. I was in need of a new weekly exfoliant. Now don't get me wrong I love my Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel but sometimes you just want to give your skin a really good scrub!

 Now don't get confused with the term microdermabrasion, it's not going to whip your skin down layers and layers, it's just one up from an exfoliant. It contains tiny round grains to slough away the top layer of skin in order to improve the appearance of dull skin.

This at home vitamin c microdermabrasion boasts of making your skin look brighter and improving the texture. I have been absolutely loving it. It does exactly what it says, gets your skin looking and feeling a lot more like it does in summer. I no longer have that dull winter look, my skin actually feels and looks more dewy, you know that summer glow. 






I have been using this twice a week, I have had to use restraint as I would actually use this every day if I could, I use it when I am in the shower as it suggests to use on damp skin. I apply in circular motions for around 30 seconds to a minute then wash off. I don't get any tingling or sensitiveness, but if you do have sensitive skin I would suggest trying it once a week or not at all as it has a good gritty texture. The product itself has a slightly creamy consistency so it's quite easy to control the amount you squeeze out of the tube - never any wastage!! I tend to use the amount of about a 5p amount and that's plenty. There isn't really much of a smell but more of a hint of orange to it which only makes me want summer here sooner!!

I actually think it's making a difference to my scarring on my cheeks and temples too, it's not as noticeable as it was a few weeks ago and actually feels smoother rather than a little bumpy. Now don't get me know I don't think it will completely go with this but it's a start right?!

Overall I have really loved using this, it really has become a staple in my weekly routine. It costs £14 for a 75ml tube but i've been using it twice a week for 6 weeks and barely made a dent! I definitely think if your looking for something to up your skincare in the winter give this a go!. 

Becky x
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig