Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Loyalty Cards worth the purse space

It seems like most places now offer some sort of loyalty points or card to ensure you always return to them. But with so many different cards for different stores our purses are filled to the brim. And not always with cash.. Insert sad face here.. So you have to be quite selective with which you take out. I enjoy feeling like I'm getting a bargain or something in return for spending my money with a store so I do become loyal with certain stores. 
Here's the lowdown on who I keep in my purse and why..



Supermarket savings..
So I have points cards for most, sainsbury's, tesco and waitrose. I feel like I cover all bases with these as wherever I am, needing food or fuel there will surely be one of these around. You can use you nectar card in so many stores not just sainsbury's take a look here for where. So let's more on to tesco, with your club card every £10 you can exchange it for restaurants vouchers. So £10 in tesco club card points gets you a whopping £40 in Cafe Rouge. How amazing is that. With a waitrose card it's definitely worth it if you pass one on your way to work as you get a free hot drink every day. That's a massive saving if you're a Costa/Starbucks fiend. 

Boots advantage card..
Someone is always telling me I can grab my beauty bumf from the supermarkets so much cheaper but with 4 point for every £1 I spend here I think it pretty much tops them. Plus when you achieve 1000 points - it won't take long - you get £10 to spend in store and with the vouchers you get given at the till, in the book or through the post it can near enough double what you can spend 

Space NK N.dulge.. 
This may take some time to clock up your points as your only getting 1 point for every pound you spend. But on the plus side your first to get emails on online sales and events plus you get free samples whenever you purchase in store. Well worth keeping it handy when you know you'll be passing your nearest store. 

Debenhams beauty club card.. 
With the debenhams card you not only get advantage point for shopping there you also get free samples, make overs and event invitations whenever they are holding one. Plus on your birthday you get a FREE Benefit brow wax. Although I must say I have had mine for a couple of years and I'm yet to know how to go about getting this?. I should use this one more in all honesty. 

Harvey Nichols Rewards App.. 

This has swiftly become my favourite rewards collector. it doesn't take up any space in your purse and it's on you at all times so you don't have those 'Do you have your points card madam?... oh no! it's in my other purse/ at home' moments. You collect 1 point for every £1 you spend in store or online.



So all you do is download the app and create yourself a profile. This will then give you a member ID and a bar code. Whenever you shop online you put in your member ID or in store they scan your bar code for you and within a couple of hours they are automatically added to your app.  Don't worry if you forget either as if you have your receipt you can scan it straight onto your phone with the bar code on the receipt. How cool, you will never miss out here. 


So you have 4 tiers of 'membership' lets call it. Silver offers you free samples, gift wrapping, special offers that get sent directly to your app, gift wrapping services, a personal stylist and sale previews. When you go up a tier, by collecting more points that is more things are added. 

Gold you have complimentary alterations, drinks, free make up artist plus all of the above. 
Platinum is then all the above plus exclusive product launch access, private shopping events, member days and beauty tutorials. and the very top tier which is black and may take some time before I would every reach that as you need to have spent nearly £10k in store, i know wowzers... but you get invited to champagne events which are private and exclusive to black memberships, first looks at all the new arrivals in store, secret sales which only black membership holders will know about and, wait for it.... a stylist straight to your home. The Harvey Nicks tram will allocate you a stylist to source and deliver an expert edit of looks for you to try on in your own home. How incredible is that, plus everything else I have mentioned above. 





SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig