Sunday, September 27, 2015

Top Tips for packing light


A few months ago we sold our place and moved back with my parents. We are still yet to find our dream home but in the meantime it means we can save some money and any extra we can splurge a little an go on a few short breaks. 
We've been to Rome for our first anniversary and Amsterdam, (this was a birthday present from my parents)this year and we are off to Paris for a few days for my husbands birthday in a couple of weeks. We have only been taking carry on cases which you may think are restrictive, but it's suited us. You jump on the plane and off with minimal fuss either end and no lost luggage, Perfect. So now I think I have mastered how to pack light but still have outfits and beauty products for every occasion. 

1. I am an obsessive list writer. I like to know what I have and what I will be taking away with me. Heck I even write lists on what to do when I get there. Check out my Parisian bucket list here. 



2. Wear as much as you can to the airport... All I am picturing now is Joey (from friends) wearing tonnes of clothes. Well I like to wear my clothes that will weight the heaviest or take up the most room. Plus is the weather is a little better than expected you can always remove the layers. 


3. Chose a theme. 
Well, not quite the Brit & JT double denim but is it weird I like to plan my outfits on where I am going? 
I'm off to Paris so I was to be chic and parisian. The plus side of this is that you can switch up the outfits between one another. 

4. Over the past year of Tom (my husband) going down to London and the surrounding areas, staying in wonderful plush hotels, he has accumulated a huge stock pile of mini's of which I hoard and take on our travels with us. I take mini shampoo, conditioners, body lotions plus I was given some lovely little samples in the body shop not too long back so I washed out the clear tubs and they're perfect for my face creams. It's also a great way to try out new products if you grab a few samples whilst your shopping. 


5. Only pack what's necessary. I am terrible for taking things just in case. I mean we went to dog sit for my in laws the other week and it consisted of 2 hand luggage cases, a holdall and my handbag. That is definitely not packing light. I mean they only live 20 minutes away, what could I have possibly needed to take? 

I hope you find this helpful anyway.. 

becky 
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig