Sunday, October 25, 2015

Autumnal Carrot & Coriander Soup

It's cold dark and miserable outside and all I want is a nice thick warm soup with some sourdough.. So that's exactly what I'm doing.

This is a really simple recipe, plus it's really healthy too only having around 90 calories per portion. 

You'll need :-



Around 5 carrots (450g) 
A good handful of fresh coriander
A teaspoon of dried coriander 
2 shallots 
A stock cube
1.5 pints of water 
Teaspoon of olive oil


Firstly chop everything up. I like to get this out of the way.  

Add your olive oil to a saucepan and throw in your shallots (or onions either will do). Give them a minute then pop in the carrots.



Let them heat up for about 3/4 minutes in the pan then sprinkle over the dried coriander. Give the carrots a good stir around the pour over the stock and add the fresh coriander.



I gave mine about 30 minutes to simmer before adding it to my vita mix. 

I like to blend it on a low speed for around 30 seconds.



And that's it your all done. 



I like to enjoy mine with some crusty sourdough and lashings of lurpack. 

Perfect autumn lunch or tea. 

SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig