Thursday, October 22, 2015

Our final day in Paris


Our final day was just spent doing things that we I wanted to do around Paris. Which mostly involved food. We headed to The Beef Club. Please don't be put off by the couple of harsh trip advisor reviews, yes there's a language barrier, yes the French don't do customer service as well as us... or the Americans. But the guy who worked this lunch time was amazing!... So let me tell you now about the food..


 Stop Tom, I want to get a picture of the sign.... Oh ok, so your going to be in this one then...
It was really quiet when we arrived, only one other couple who were onto dessert. But not detured we were ready for beef!

 Terrine du chef for starters.. I think it was duck..

 If there's one thing the French do right is baguettes...


 We then went for steak, chunky chips, bernaise sauce and wait for it.... mac and cheese. I dont think I've had a meal in the last year that doesn't include mac n cheese.




 We then shared.. yes.. one single profiteer roll. It came with a huge wedge of ice cream, cream and some sort of nutella concoction..



 Drizzled with a brandy chocolate sauce. I was not keen on the idea but it was delicious.
 We finished with dessert wine .. and a pretty empty plate.

After lunch we strolled down the Parisian streets and came across this church I spotted on the first day. We headed inside for a snoop.

I really love church's, I get a lovely tingly feeling inside them. The stone is cold but they are so very warming. I find the cave like silence very comforting and soothing.

                
               

 

It's sort of become compulsory to have a photo on these now hasn't it? ... I'll go with yep!


After a little wander we headed to the hotel for another thing that's compulsory on holidays... an afternoon nap!
Before long we found ourselves wanting a little sugar. I say we again, I totally mean I!

Angelina was the only place I wanted to go too. Thankfully this time we managed to get a table no problem. We were seated and knew what we wanted straight away.

The hubby, an English breakfast tea.. but for myself...






Molten, thick, rich, hot chocolate with a scoop of cold cream to top it off.... oh and a mille feuille.



I know what your thinking, only two puddings in one day! I know right...

Anywho, to burn of some of those calories we headed to the Eiffel tower. I had been harping on at the hubby for 3 days about seeing it at night..






It was so much more beautiful to see at night than in the day, and on the hour it twinkles! If you head to my instagram you can see it in all it's glory.

We really did have a lovely little break, although I think our night in London topped off everything.

That one will be up very soon.. just hold tight.

Becky x




SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig