Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tom's birthday at Claridge's London

After sunset we made our way through the hustle and bustle that is London through to Mayfair. 

We arrived just on time as the Uber had got a little lost. 
We were seated at our table in Fera. This is Simon Rogan's new restaurant in Claridge's. From what I heard, Gorden Ramsey used to run this show but sadly no longer. 
In the middle of the room you'll see a beautiful tree, minus the leaves and this art deco stained glass on the ceiling. 


By the time we sat (7.45pm) the room had pretty much filled with chatty happy guests and serious business men alike. 
We were handed the menu's but we knew what we were going for.. the 'taste everything' option!





We started with Gin & Tonic's. I had a Portobello Road gin which is far better than all other I've ever tried. I'm looking to get my hands on a bottle of this. 

We then started with nibbles. I have no clue of the name of this but it was a really light, creamy blue cheese flaked with flower petals. 



These weren't on the menu either but I'm pretty sure these had pumpkin in. 





After the nibbles came our seven courses. Below we tried mackerel, lobster, rabbit, veal, cod, scallops and pork. Followed by the most amazing desserts of apple and chocolate and an extra one for the hubby's birthday... so here we go..





We opted for the wine pairing. I won't go into all of the wines individually all I will say is if you go for a tasting menu, the pairing is a must! The sommelier's get it spot on. 










Some of the pictures are a little blurry because of the lighting... and well I was half way through this before I remembered to take a photo. I think a combination on wines, gin and amazing food took over. 












Trying to be the picture of elegance. 








Every mouthful of every dish was just heavenly. I have never tasted food as amazing.

We chatted away and sipped on the wines until the restaurant was empty.  







We finished with the most incredible dessert wines. I ended up finishing both as it was to sickly sweet for the hubby. 
I think this will be a birthday to remember. It was totally fabulous!


SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig