Sunday, December 06, 2015

What I eat in a day

I'm definitely not an advocate for healthy eating but in more recent months I am trying to be more 80/20. I'm a huge lover of chocolate and cakes, especially brownies and any salted, chocolatey goodness is my cryptonite. But in more recent times I am trying to be a lot healthier, I exchange pasta for courgette spirals, white mash for sweet potato or cauliflower mash - the Londoner has a great recipe here. And rice for quinoa or black rice. I'll have a post up soon about that.
So the 80/20 along with regular exercise is working for me so I thought I'd just share some ideas of what I eat in a day. Now I don't calorie count, I used to do that a lot but I've come to realise your body does tell you what it needs. 
I'm hoping for a juicer from Santa this year so once every few months I will start doing a 3 day detox which just helps your body get back on track and clarity of the mind. A little off topic but I went to Birmingham intendant food fair not long back and U-juice have some great deals on juice detoxes which I may have to take them up on with their great prices. Here's there Facebook and twitter.


So first thing of a morning I like to get up and eat pretty much straight away so I don't like anything heavy. I favour a smoothie or a juice and a slice of my healthy banana blueberry bread. Great way to start the day by giving your body a boost in anti-oxidants. But if I'm not feeling that I'll turn to my Rude health coconut and chai seed granola. I have this with extra chai for a metabolism boost and a good spash of coconut milk. Ill top it off with either some goji berries if I have any or blueberries plus a glass of filtered water with a slice of lemon. I have been having something amazing in my smoothies and on it's own actually. Pure Chimp 




I am a bit of a picker and like to snack throughout the day so mid morning I'll either have a rice cake with organic hazelnut spread or a slice if banana loaf if I've not had one for breakfast. 



And when lunch comes around with the sound of a huge grumble in my belly I am tending to opt for soups. More recently I made a butter nut squash,carrot and sage soup which was so yummy. I serve it with a slice of sour dough and a little bit of butter. I try to go for an organic butter or lurpack as it's better for you than a margarine, or so I've read many a time. The soup I have here is a carrot and coriander. Yum!



Mid afternoon if I've not had a smoothie at breakfast I'll usually go for one of those or a handful or nuts. I keep threatening that I'm going to make my own hummus and have some veggies with it but I've just not got around to it yet. 

When tea time rolls along I try not to do anything too heavy, I'm liking having black rice or quinoa with fish or chicken and vegetables, but I'll serve them different ways. I love the hairy dieters cookbook. I do swear by that a lot of the time. It's got great recipes and they're all that super tasty you wouldn't realise they're not full of naughtiness. Plus I've recently got Jamie Oliver's Super food cookbook and the recipes are brill in there.

I do get a craving for something sweet after tea so I either have a few squares of chocolate or as of late one of my Charbonnel et Walker sea salt caramel truffles or some almond dream salted caramel ice cream Or my ultimate favourite is booja booja ice cream. It's insanely good. Not just good amazing! To say there are only 4 ingredients and none that are bad for you is incredible! Don't get me wrong I'm still a little naughty sometimes, heck me and the hubby ate a whole advent calendar watching the black list the other night. Oops!  
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig