Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily

This fragrance began with a dream of the Silk and Spice Roads – the ancient, Asian trading routes for luxurious and precious goods. I imagined caravans piled high with treasures, and being surrounded by a multi-sensorial abundance of opulence.









It was love at first sniff. 

Standing in Selfridges London having a good smell of every Tom Ford perfume available. I still reached for my Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge over any other on an evening out, but it would be lovely to have a change every now and then. Then my wonderful hubby bought it me as a Christmas present - whoops. Well it is only 2 weeks until Christmas now. 


I have a love for Tom Ford perfume like no other. I have never really loved any other perfumes as much as I do these, I just don't love the price. The 50ml Private belnds are now £142! The one I purchased 2 years prior was £102.. now is that London pricing or have they massively shot up in price?! 


My latest purchase from them is my Private Blend : Shanghai Lily. 

Shanghai Lily contains spicy notes, floral notes, frankincense, vanilla, bitter orange, pink pepper, black pepper, cloves, jasmine, rose, tuberose, vetiver, cashmere wood, benzoin, castoreum, labdanum, guaiac wood and incense to name a few!!


It's the perfect winter blend don't you think? Juciy citrus and warm spices are what the winter is all about. I do tend to go very sparingly with these but honestly you don't have to spray bucket loads and keep re applying it throughout the night. I wore this on a night out recently and I did the wrist spritz and rub, my neck was next, the Macaulay Culkin application on the cheeks - totally kidding I would never mess up evening make up! 

But it lasted.

 It lasted all night and I got so many compliments on the smell. Then when I woke the next morning I could still smell it on me which is unheard of with me and perfume. No matter how much I love my Jo Malone it doesn't seem to last more than a couple of hours on my skin. This seems to really suit me. I'll be putting the shower gel on my Christmas list too, if they do this in a shower scent, although that also holds a mighty price. 

Merry Christmas 

Becky x
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig