Wednesday, February 11, 2015

An Afternoon at Fumo Birmingham


Fumo is somewhere I have been wanting to go back to for, well about a month since I last went. 
I really wanted to take T though, he is such a lover of good food, and well in my books Italians do it best.
It was my parents Wedding Anniversary so what better an excuse to go and drink fine wine and indulge in the best Italian Tapas in Birmingham. 

If you've not been before - why not? This is something totally different. Italian Tapas is definitely the way forward. All those carb loaded dishes and you get to try them all. 
The food comes at at different times, it's a place where when the Chef has cooked it it's ready to go..  Fabulous because you know the food is always cooked fresh and at a really nice temperature. How many times have you been out and your food is just too hot or just not hot enough?! I love Tapas style eating, possibly because I'm a greedy piglet who likes to try everything...

I am completely obsessed with marble worktops and table's so this is heaven for me.
We skimmed over the menu's but I already had a few things in mind I wanted to try again.
A sweet, crisp glass of Pinot Rose was for starters of course, how else can you start of a Saturday Lunch time?
Swiftly followed by Beef Carpaccio with rocket and parmesan. This is never going to work I thought as I took this photo, it was a dish recommended by one of the waiters but it was delicious, the parmesan complimented the beef wonderfully. 
We then had King prawns cooked in butter with lemon. So tasty and fresh you can still taste the sea, I wanted to be shellfish but I had to share! 



 Followed by just a few more pictures to drool over, more prawns in a spicy sauce, scallops, The best Bolognaise T has ever had. He even risked his life by telling me it was better than mine. Sadly I have to agree. 
^ Then this dish arrived, a random one my dad ordered Mussels and Prawns in a garlicky, tomatoey sauce. If you go you really need to try this one. It looks so plain but it was packed with flavour. 
... And onto one I have nicknamed which I don;t think I can disclose yet... it's sausage, meatballs and a rib... with a little kale and carrots thrown in. This was boiled to perfection. 
And last but not least buttered Lobster, it was clawsome!!

And here come the obligatory were having dinner together shots, it doesn't happen often that we can all be out together so it's nice to capture the moment.




I couldn't recommend a trip to Fumo more, Great atmosphere, the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, they choose some great dishes for us.. although the Cocktails are something left to be desired. We had a Tom Collins which was way to lemony to drink and a Long island Iced tea that looked like watered down coca cola. Maybe just an off day as they were really busy?! Fingers crossed for next time...

Rebecca x

SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig