Sunday, February 08, 2015

To Have and To Hold at Netherstowe House


 This was a Wedding present that I could not wait to use! An afternoon tea at Netherstowe House. For at least 2 years now I have wanted to go and try one of their fabulous afternoon teas, they have a traditional afternoon tea, mad hatter afternoon tea, chocolate afternoon tea and obviously the wedding afternoon tea.

So on Wednesday we excitedly left the house and headed over to Lichfield.  




It was a lovely dry day but freezing cold!!





Right in the heart of Lichfield you will find this beautiful listed building, be careful, if you blink you'll miss the turning and you can't be late.. be late for a very important date.. can you now.

Knock Knock....



As we entered we were seated in the lobby with cocktail and wine lists and left to browse, of course it wasn't long before I decided to order a glass of bubbly.



We sat and drank some fizz until we were called through to the dining room.



Pink Lemonade, THE best scones I've ever had... macaroons, cupcakes and lots of yummy sandwiches. Now I have never eaten a scone with currents in, I just presumed I wouldn't like them, but these are honestly the best I have had. 







Look at the thick clotted cream, I had to pile up on this goodness, they were really crunchy on the outside but very light and soft. I don't think I've ever had a 'light' scone before but these were to die for. 



75/25 is an acceptable ratio for cream and jam I reckon.



Once we'd finished our tea we were offered some flowering green teas. I had heard of these but never actually had one. I went for one called Flower Lover which is a relaxing, calming tea which contains Jasmine and green tea.

 Here we go...



Add some hot water... 



And now it's a waiting game...





How beautiful is this and it tasted amazing! The flower flavours the water, at first its not very intense it give it time. 



Cheers!!



Rebecca x




SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig