Thursday, March 12, 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt & Highlight ♡

So more recent times I've been a little m.i.a .... Just having one of those weeks, which have rolled into months of none blogging. I have been so busy with work and home and just life in general I haven't had a minute to sit and write. 

So I thought I'd kick things off with a goodie..

I bought this product in November last year, yes I am a terrible blogger as it's taken me almost 5 whole months to get around to reviewing this! 

As soon as I laid eyes on CT I fell in love, the rose gold packaging just shouts luxury and so do the products. High end and great quality with a mediocre price tag...

My first ever purchase was the Lip Cheat pencil and Gloss, my reviews here if you want to take a look. But with those it was very much a love at first swipe moment. This.... Not so much. Contour products are one thing I hardly ever use as I just cannot get it right. I am lucky anyway I do have good cheek bones but sometimes a girl just wants to rock a 'Kimye tour and highlight' am I right?!... 

Let's start with my favourite side, the Highlight. This is the perfect golden glow, I definitely will use this more in summer but in all honesty it's not been left lying around in winter. You only need to be very light handed with it as a little goes a long way. I love walking past a mirror and just catching that glow, as a lot of highlights I've had in the past tend to be a little more glitzy or shimmery this is just perfect. 

Now onto the contour... Yes I do on occasion put a little extra definition under my cheek bones but again you have to go lightly with this as it's so very pigmented. I definitely wouldn't use this as an all over bronzer as I find it's not quite the right shade for my skin and it does and an element of 'glitter/shimmer' to it which I just didn't like. 

The contour brush I absolutely love, it's super soft and doesn't majorly shed like so many other I have used. I.e. My Estée Lauder ones have fall out like they're back in high school!... 'eryday! Even after washing it goes back in shape lovely. The burgundy and rose sells it to me if nothing else did. I am really tempted to get a couple more of their brushes to try out as well. 

Overall, this is quite the splurge. I think it was £80 for the two but in all honesty the highlight and brush and 100% worth it, I'm not sure if I'd bother with the contour again if I could buy the highlight separately. 

Think Jlo/kardashian esk... What's that? Oh sorry thought I just heard you racing to the shops to buy it!....
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig