Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Linthwaite House - The Tasting menu

On the first night we decided to opt for a Tasting menu. I do love trying something a little out of my comfort zone and things that I haven't tried before and this definitely fitted the bill. 

I kicked off the evening with my usual...icy Gin and Tonic. This wasn't one I had tried before, it contained a lot more botanical's than your average Gin and was really quite florally tasting.


Canapés were a Chorizo hummus with olive bread bites on the side.


And here is the menu we had...


The Amuse was an onion soup with fried onions on top.. just delicious!


Obviously you can't have soup without bread... even if the cup was child sized.


Salmon with capers... the salmon mousse was light & fluffy but it wouldn't be something I would go for again. Even though I am a huge salmon lover.. this just didn't cut it for me.


Duck terrine with ginger bread. This was incredible. The ginger bread which was more biscuit like with the rich duck was perfect.


Halibut with vanilla glazed pear... I absolutely love the fish with the sweet vanilla pear. I do love mixing sweet and savoury.


A juicy piece of steak with... snail!! This is the first time I have ever had snail. We were chatting away and I had completely forgot these were with this dish, but not knowing made it all the better. I would of been hesitant to try if I'd have known but they were really delicious. I'm anchoring for a trip to Paris so I can have a real taste of Escargot!!


Before we knew it all the savoury courses were over.

Not one, but two puddings were about to embark...

Poached rhubarb. I have always steered clear of this but in more recent months I am becoming very.. very fond!! perfect palette cleanse before our final course.


 Followed by salted dark chocolate mousse, definitely saving the best until last. Give me salt, caramel and chocolate all in one go... I'm a very happy girl. 


This was the first time I have ever gone for a tasting menu and I was pleasantly surprised. I usually get a sickly, stuffed feeling after a large meal but having little breaks and smaller amounts of food ticked my boxes!!

We retired to an early bed, this fresh air and great food really takes it out of you!


Rebecca x
SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig