Monday, March 30, 2015

Shake Shack UK





Now this happened a good few weeks ago and to say I haven't stopped thinking about it is the sign of a darn good burger!! 
Shake shack is another American company that swept the UK a while back. Why can't us Brits master a great 'dirty' burger? 
 The Covent garden one opened in summer 2013 and I can't believe it's taken me a whole 18 months to actually go, especially with my hubby being a London a whole lot the last year I have used every excuse possible to stay in swanky hotels with him. Although this time was a mother/daughter shopping day... And no one can resist a great burger right?! 


So here's the menu... I went for the shack burger...



Just look at that cheese... I just love melted cheese on everything!



The beef is 100% grass fed Aberdeen Angus, and you can taste the difference. Juicy and thick... You just will never look at a McDonalds in the same way again... Ever! 
The shack sauce just adds great yumminess too, it's a tangy mayonnaise which I'd love to remake at home! It's a perfect burger sauce. Fresh salad and good 'ol American cheese...all on a soft, squishy bun. That's heaven right there. 
The fries are a standard crinkle cut fry with a big splodge of cheese sauce on top. Everything is made better with cheese. 

If you've still got room afterwards you can try one of their 'concretes' which is frozen custard blended at high speed... Why oh why do I get full so quickly! ... Next time!! They come with so many add inns plus special occasions mean special concretes. They have an 'Easter egg' themed one at the moment, you can take a peek here.

If your not a Londoner like me, you won't find one any closer than Covent Garden unfortunately. But trust me it's well worth the wait... Even with the big queues! 

Rebecca x




SHARE:

No comments

Instagram

© billygumbex | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig